The good life may mean a whole lot of things to a whole lot of people; but right there on that sick bed, our numerous definitions are narrowed down to one- the most important of all- good health. When your health is threatened, your life is threatened. And when your life is threatened, so does your purpose, your very essence of being.
Why did Jesus come to the world? Scripture tells us, it is so that we may have life and have it in abundance; to prosper us as our soul prospers; to liberate us from captivity.
In HIS time on earth, Jesus was true to that mission. Till date HE is still in the business of restoring us in every area of our lives, health inclusive. This is HIS perfect will for his children.
Of course, there is also something called the permissive will of God. For instance, God may want to draw your attention by permitting an ailment befall you or a loved one; HE may want to reach out to someone else through you and your condition.
Whatever be the case, all we owe ourselves is to faithfully know for sure that God never abandons HIS own. HE knows exactly what HE is doing. He alone knows what version of HIS will is at work at each point in time of our lives.
What we can do is to remind HIM of HIS words and promises for our well-being. Never forget, HIS words are LIFE in themselves; they never return to HIM void. Pray to HIM in HIS own words, Believe he is on it and keep your peace. HE will handle the rest.
Meditate On These Words:
1. He healed them with his command and saved them from the grave– Psalm 107:20
2. I will make you well again; I will heal your wounds… I, the Lord, have spoken– Jeremiah 30:17
3. I am the Lord, the one who heals you- Exodus 15:26
4. If you worship me, the Lord your God, I will bless you with food and water and take away all your sicknesses- Exodus 23:25
5. The Lord will protect you from all sickness, and he will not bring on you any of the dreadful diseases that you experienced in Egypt- Deuteronomy 7:15
6. The Lord will help them when they are sick and will restore them to health– Psalm 41:3
7. But because of our sins he was wounded, beaten because of the evil we did. We are healed by the punishment he suffered, made whole by the blows he received (By HIS stripes we are made whole)– Isaiah 53:5
8. The thief comes only in order to steal, kill, and destroy. I have come in order that you might have life-life in all its fullness- John 10:10
9. My dear friend, I pray that everything may go well with you and that you may be in good health-as I know you are well in spirit- 3 John 1:2
10. He heals the broken-hearted and bandages their wounds– Psalm 147:3
11. Lord, heal me and I will be completely well; rescue me and I will be perfectly safe. You are the one I praise!- Jeremiah 17:14
12. Being cheerful keeps you healthy. It is slow death to be gloomy all the time (A joyful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones)- Proverbs 17:22
13. Many are the afflictions of the righteous, But the LORD delivers him out of them all- Psalm 34:19
14. But I will heal this city and its people and restore them to health. I will show them abundant peace and security- Jeremiah 33:6
15. Then my favor will shine on you like the morning sun, and your wounds will be quickly healed. I will always be with you to save you; my presence will protect you on every side- Isaiah 58:8
16. Why am I so sad? Why am I so troubled? I will put my hope in God, and once again I will praise him,
my savior and my God– Psalm 42:11
17. I lie down and sleep, and all night long the Lord protects me- Psalm 3:5
18. May the God who gives us peace make you holy in every way and keep your whole being – spirit, soul, and body – free from every fault at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ- 1 Thessalonians 5:23
Other Recommended Bible Passages:
NOTE: It will be utterly deceitful to blame God for all our ailments. Some are as a result of negligence and ignorance on our part. It is only Godly that we do our best to protect and preserve the life that we have been given. However, there are times logic may not explain the “why’s” of our poor health. So when you’ve done all that you naturally can, trusting God is your best bet.